At Advance the Faith, our mission work is guided by James 1:27, “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” If you decide to join us on a trip to one of our locations, you will notice how important this Scripture is to the success of the trip and your experience. Year after year we return to the same places to build relationships that show trust and ongoing care for the young people we are called to serve.
This mission trip works with high school students from two different children’s homes in Nassau. You will be working with a smaller group of students to really make a big individual impact. During the camp they will learn Christian leadership skills, life skills, and more, all while being empowered to become a positive, influential person in their homes and community. Some of the potential places you may visit during your trip include: the world-famous Nassau Straw Market, the Fish Fry, and additional local stores and attractions. We will also have a chance to connect with some of our friends from the children’s homes on Cat Island and Nassau at the Alumni dinner.
This trip is open to trip participants who are college age or older.
The cost of the trip is $950 plus airfare (est. $375). A $200 deposit is required at the time of application to secure your spot. Trip cost includes: Lodging, meals, transportation in Nassau, materials for camps, background screening & t-shirt.
- Airfare is estimated based on roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, FL. If you are flying from a different location costs will vary. Trip cancellation insurance is not included, but can be purchased for an additional cost. The $200 deposit will be applied towards the $950 balance of the trip. Advance the Faith books all flights to ensure arrival times and transfers.
- Once the flights are booked, you may receive a supplemental billing to cover the remainder of the flight cost or money back if the cost is lower.
- Once flights are booked, trips are non-refundable
- Costs Not Included: food costs while traveling to and from Nassau, additional airfare from locations other than Ft. Lauderdale or additional accommodations. For Nassau participants- you will need to bring additional money for souvenirs and dinner out one night (est. $60-$100).
- If you have questions, please contact Jennifer Hand at 239.293.5729 or [email protected].
Trip dates for Nassau are August 3 through the 10, 2024. Application and $200 deposit is due by 05/12/24. Airfare – est. $375 – is due 06/02/24. Balance of $750 is due by 07/07/24.
You will be redirected to Managed Missions- You will need to have your passport & health insurance available to complete the application.
*A $200 deposit is required with all applications*